- His full name is Brian Peter George St. John le Baptiste de la Salle Eno, RDI. Only a rad dude would have a name like that.
- He dressed like a glittery alien from outer space and wore makeup and probably got more chicks than the typical classic rock bros.
- He played synths + tapes with one of the best bands ever, Roxy Music.
- He enjoys taking a lot of photos with cats.
- He is the pioneer of ambient music, even coining that term.
- His Music for Airports album was played in the background at La Guardia Airport in the 80s.
- He composed the startup sound for Windows 95.
- He once gave an extensive interview to Chrissie Hynde about his pornography collection.
- CHOICE QUOTE: “Eno forever altered the ways in which music is approached, composed, performed, and perceived, and everything from punk to techno to new age bears his unmistakable influence.”-some guy who writes for Allmusic.com
- MGMT wrote a song about him.
- He created the Oblique Strategies card deck in the 1970s as a way for artists and musicians to get out of their writers/creative block and get inspired. It’s like the I-Ching but with messages to help you think out of the box.
- He most recent project is to create music and light installations for hospitals with the intent of the music aiding the healing process and providing overall good vibes to patients.
- I mean just look at him.
IN ADDITION TO NOT HAVING ANY PROPER MUSICAL TRAINING, BRIAN ENO PRODUCED THESE CLASSIC ALBUMS WHICH I’M SURE YOU ALL HAVE HEARD A MILLION TIMES:
- More Songs about Buildings & Food / Fear of Music / Remain in Light, Talking Heads
- Ultravox’s self-titled album
- Q: Are We Not Men A: We Are Devo / Devo
- The Joshua Tree / Achtung Baby / U2
- Laid by James
- The last two Coldplay albums.
Not to mention he was David Bowie’s main collaborator on the albums in his “Berlin Trilogy” (Low, Heroes, Lodger)
BRIAN ENO IS AN AMAZING HUMAN. THE END.